Sunday, March 30, 2008

Another finished project


Anna's hat came out well. I just sewed it up about 15 minutes ago and one of Meg's dolls kindly obliged me by acting as model.

(It's just a pity I'm not equally as productive or motivated regarding my college assignments however. )

It's a definite thumbs up for the pattern book. I really like how straightforward the pattern instructions are. They are written in plain English with abbreviations introduced gradually. I'd say by the time the final pattern had been worked anyone using the book would find they had built up a sound knitting pattern vocabulary.

The stitch definition with the Cruise yarn was lovely and crisp. I enjoyed how quickly the piece grew. I'll definitely use it again. It looks like it would take embroidered detailing well.

No comments: