Sunday, June 15, 2008

Vintage Cardi


Since bemoaning my lack of progress on Ravelry I've since managed to cast on both the front and back of this piece. The yarn is lovely to work with despite my distaste for working with pink. It's my daughter's choice of colour. This cardi was meant to be worked up with RYC Classic Cashcotton. While Lena's turned out to have it in stock, whereas Hickey's didn't and I knew Singer don't support it, Megs plumped instead for Debbie Bliss Prima. It's a blend of 80% Bamboo and 20% cotton which explained its slighter higher price. Still, seeing that she has sensitive skin I think she made the best choice.


Below is a pic of the magazine carrying the pattern. It's the same magazine title that I got the Joma Sweater pattern in. I like their clear instructions and the way that they have the numbers for the different sizes coloured. No need for mucking up the mag by circling the size I currently require.


Yesterday, alas, I didn't have the opportunity to knit in public for International Knit in Public Day, but I figure I do my part for public knitting by knitting on the go so often the rest of the year. I shall definitely be attending a get together for it next year either in Dublin or Cork. Although, I really would prefer to attend a knit in public get together in Limerick so I could meet up with other Limerick based crafters. That would be ideal.

No comments: