The neck has been picked up, shaped and cast off.
I've sewn the uppermost part of the sleeves to the body of the sweater.
What's left now is to sew in the rest of the upper sleeves to the main body of the sweater and sew up the sides.
It's so cute and dinky.
Of course, nothing goes as smoothly as it seems it will. Once I had the neck cast off I noticed a blooper at the front. There's a detail at the v of the neck that requires 2 stitches to be slipped, then one knit or purled and the slipped stitches brought over that stitch. Somewhere along the line I must have twisted the stitches cos the detail doesn't look like it should.
So I'm torn at the moment between the knitterly itch in my brain that tells me to frog it back so I can make it just so and the on-going fight against perknickity perfectionism. Hmmm. Methinks I shall show the piece to folks at Rainbow Coffee Dock this evening and see if anyone spots it without being guided to notice it.
Aside from that current, oh so nearly finished, work in progress, I've started on the crocheted baby blanket for my friend's baby. The nipper's dad let me know orange and green are the babe's favourite colours. He drawn to them it seems. Thing is, as I've been working up this blanket, all it puts me in mind of are carrots. Methinks I should craft a Bugs Bunny to go with for a sense of completion and appropos.