Monday, August 4, 2008

Non-Trad Baby Blanket - Take 2


I've raided my stash for the orange and green colourways of the bonus flash dk yarn to use in this incarnation of the non-trad baby blanket. They seem to be working well together and I no longer have visions of carrots dancing through my mind as I crochet. A major improvement! Plus, I find I prefer working across the row rather than in the round for some reason. I think it has to do with being able to get into a rythm with it. I truly am a knitter at heart.

I took inspiration from Debbie Stoller's crochet bible with regard to size.

More specifically, the baby blanket on page 281 Bev Ireland's Seija Set. The set is a baby hat and blanket. I started with the same chain length. Mine of course won't look anything like the project but I tip my hat for the help with sizing.

I really must start choosing more projects to make out of my now extensive and ever growing collection of yarn mags and the Debbie Stoller books. Maz at mademarian has been a fine examplein making the most of the Stoller books in forward planning project wise.

Methinks I need to invest more time in using the queue feature in Ravelry.

No comments: