Monday, December 1, 2008

Today I remember.....


That it's World AIDS Day.

I remember with love and affection the lovely man who was the first person I met through Rainbow Support Services.

I remember his smile and kind patience as I enthusiastically bounced around the project. So happy to finally be able to access a safe space.

I remember when he told me he wasn't feeling well and to ignore his crankiness and that it was nothing that I had said or done.


I found this here.
Thank you "Knit Happens"

I remember when he told me that he had AIDS and that he'd lived longer than he'd expected to.

I remember crying at a house party months after he had passed away.

I'm crying now because I still miss him.

I remember being questioned in a work interview about why I wear a red ribbon......in this day and age and whether I was able to keep my views to myself.



My oft washed Red Ribbon

I remember being asked what the red ribbon is for....and explaining.

If you don't know what the red ribbon symbolises and if you have questions relating to any aspect of sexual health, or have a friend you want to support or require support yourself then this is the place to go to.



Project
Red Ribbon Project
Redwood House,
9 Cecil Street,
Limerick

Opening Hours
Monday to Friday
9.30am to 5.00pm,
Wednesday:
9.30am to 7.00pm
Limerick

They also have a Bebo page.

This is still a current issue.

Check your facts and figures and remain in the loop by checking out the official:

No comments: