As regular readers of this blog will have noticed, I seem to have knit a gazillion squares for a throw from The Art of Knitting.
My lovely friend Marian liked the idea of confining her knitting to a square at a time.
It's a useful exercise really.
- Leftover yarn can be used up
- Frogging isn't as painful to the ego
- Your repertoire of new stitches builds with every square
- If you really hate the stitch, you never have to do it again (in theory).
- There's a sense of completion with each square
- Each square is perfectly portable for knitting on the go
- At the end, you get a quilt
Oh, and I realised the other day, when setting up my new Ravelry profile, that I've been blogging for just over a year.
Boi but that year flew.
Happy Crafting folks.
I spent today putting together a separate online presence for Rainbow Stitch'n'Bitch.
Please have a look and leave a comment to say hi.
Rainbow SnB are also on Facebook & Bebo.
And, um, Twitter , since I was on a roll :D