Thursday, April 23, 2009

The faint of heart may want to brace themselves......


...this is a sight no knitter should behold



The Soft Focus Version


The soft focus version is bad enough.

Check out the true sharp focus horror.



The Harsh Glare of Knotted Reality

Umm....Eeeeep!!

My blond bombshell & her best mate decided to 'sort through' my stash a couple of weeks ago. Once I lifted my head away from Ravelry for long enough to realise what they were doing I informed them that in order to avoid Mount Parent from erupting they had better put everything back in.

They did.

And the above scenes of devastation are the result.

Somehow, through fiendish calculations and sleight of hand, they managed to hide the mother of all tangles within the bosom of the stash itself.

:sigh:

Looks like I know what I'll be doing for the next.....while.

5 comments:

Steve said...

Sweet monkey on a cross bar

Thats some fucking crazy tangle...

Call the RSS/RSB untanglement hotline.

Be wary of this tho, you may find a cub playing with a ball of wool in the corner.

craftyrainbowhead said...

Having seen a cub playing with a great big ole ball of wool in a corner (on his back bouncing said wool with a look of contented glee on his face) I think that's something I can handle.

:D

Woolly Bits said...

argh - I suppose I was lucky, DS never found my stash so interesting! the dogs now - that's a different matter, but at least they don't hide the misery at the bottom:)) my textile crafts teacher in school always told us to shake it all well - to keep the tangles loose! not sure that helps much though....

40Plus Teenager said...

oh sweet goddess, my stiching, knitting, crochet heart goes out to you and your stash...how you kept your head, I will never know...are they employed with the untangling???

craftyrainbowhead said...

Hi Woolybits, I shall keep the shaking to keep the knots loose tidbit in mind while I try not to go out of my mind detangling them LOL!

No, 40Plus Teenager, they're not getting their mitts on my stash until they 25 and capable to being near yarn without causing fibre related fatalites!!

:snigger: