Friday, May 29, 2009

A Cheery Tea Cosy Part 2 - Frankie Brown's Fundraising

I promised in yesterday's post that I would come back and edit it to include a link giving credit to the pattern creator. Today I thought the creator deserved a post of her own.

This is from her About me section on Ravelry

I would describe myself as a normal person with a perfectly well-balanced interest in all things woolly. Others may beg to differ!


I spend as much of my time as possible making stuff. Mostly knitting but I also crochet, quilt, bead, spin….. I don’t really knit clothes (unless bags count) and I get bored following patterns. Mostly I enjoy making things up as I go along and producing my own designs ranging from the useful (bags and blankets) to the frankly esoteric (anyone for a knitted ammonite?). My all-time knitting hero is Elizabeth Zimmermann.

The patterns I publish on ravelry are all free but I would welcome donations to the Children’s Liver Disease Foundation www.justgiving.com/frankiesknittedstuff So, if you enjoy knitting my patterns, please consider helping this very deserving cause.

I am happy for my patterns to be used for teaching purposes but please contact me first.



Frankie's fund raising page is here.

And here is a link to the free pattern for the Mistake Rib Tea Cosy.

Now that I've made my cosy I must get under way and make a donation to the Children's Liver Disease Foundation. A quick read of their website shows what a worthy cause this is.

If you can, please help Frankie Brown's fundraising.

Happy crafting folks.

For anyone in and around Cork this week....HAPPY PRIDE!! :)

2 comments:

Soyun said...

I don't do much crochet, but the tea cozy looks so great that I'd love to try someday. Thanks for sharing this~

craftyrainbowhead said...

Hi Soyun,

Glad you like the tea cosy but it's not crochet. It's knitted using two strands of double knitting yarn held together and worked in Mistake Rib.

Thanks for coming to comment. :)